So the 'Camera & Edit' exercise is done, which fortunately didn't actually take as long to complete as I expected. I think we did a better job on this project than we did on our 'Portrait Of Place' project, which from now on I'll just refer to as 'The Girl Who Drank Too Much'. Unlike the last project, I think both Jacob and I had a much clearer idea of the direction we were going in this time - 'The Girl Who Drank Too Much' was initially supposed to resemble Chaplin-style slapstick humour - whereas we decided to have a go at spoof-action this time, stuck with it, and were altogether much more organised and followed our storyboard much more closely.
There is one specific shot which I storyboarded this time to make use of rack focus (which I think would have also worked well within the film), but, as we were both unfamiliar with the camera, we weren't able to manipulate the depth of field as we liked. In hindsight, I do wonder if we, as proficient as we clearly are with technology, remembered to set the focus to 'manual'. Nevermind, though; we've learned from it.
Other than that, the only technical problems we've had this time are in writing the DVDs in DVD Studio Pro so that they work properly on both PC and Mac, but again, making mistakes is the best way to learn.
And so here is the full storyboard:








No comments:
Post a Comment