Wednesday, 9 November 2011

More filming

Last week, I was asked by a friend to help with a short film he had planned to promote the business he has recently set up. As well as a chance to get experience filming outside my university projects, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get experience with using lights (…and, obviously, I was happy to help a friend). So, early on Monday morning, I borrowed a Dedo kit from university and headed up to his house.
He hadn't gone into much detail about what he wanted to get out of the session, but he had said he wanted 'epic shots'. Despite his detailed description, I had to follow his direction on Monday. Assuming he gets back to me about filming the second half next Monday, I'm planning to jot down and storyboard a few ideas of my own, now I have an idea of the direction he wanted to go in. That way, we should have more time to set up the equipment - I spent somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes trying to get the lighting in one shot to seem naturalistic yet look 'glossy' to show off his business. I might even consider a floor plan to go along with my ideas to speed up the shooting even more. Hopefully, assuming he invites me back to finish filming, he won't mind me making my own suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment