Thursday, 10 May 2012

Soundtrack/sound edit complete

I took my acoustic guitar in to the edit today to try to work out with Fiona, who I shared the sound record/edit role with, how the soundtrack for the film should sound. When I got to the edit suite, Joe (whose surname escapes me) asked to have a go at playing my guitar, and started playing and singing. Both me and Fiona liked it, and she suggested we recorded him playing. After (roughly) two takes, the music for the film was recorded, and so Joe saved us a lot of time and effort (thanks, Joe).

Putting the music into Soundtrack Pro, I accidentally imported something I'd recorded a few days before, but we decided that also worked for some scenes, and so the soundtrack consists of two pieces of music.

The sound editing process went smoothly without any real problems, the only real problem being the amount of time we spent considering the film is only 5 minutes long. But hopefully the time we spent will show when we present the work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment